Safegas and Segas Professional introductory training course
Simtars accredited Safegas operator
The Safegas and Segas Professional training course provides participants with an introductory understanding of the Simtars gas monitoring system. Participants will learn how to apply recognised operation technique and use the software system. They will gain a basic understanding of the alarm system, including how to recognise and respond to critical hardware alarms.
Duration: 1 day
Who should attend
The 1-day course is suitable for underground coal mine site ventilation officers and control room operators.
Course delivery and assessment
The Safegas and Segas Professional training is a hands-on course delivered on-site, providing familiarity with the operator’s own system and mine gases in addition to samples they will regularly encounter. It includes interactive theory and practical exercises.
The course assessment consists of an observational assessment of tasks performed, with a verbal and written assessment to be completed on-site during the training period.
On successful completion of the course and assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance.
- Basic understanding of the Safegas tube bundle and real-time operation
- Apply recognised operation techniques to process reports - alarm log, operator action log and acquire log
- Understand the alarm configuration and system behaviours in Safegas alarm
- Understand the limitation of different instruments in the gas monitoring system
- Recognise and respond to critical hardware alarms
- Generate various trending graphs in Segas Professional software