RIIMCU407D - Apply and monitor the strata management plan
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor the strata management plan in an underground coal mine..
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This unit is suitable for underground coal workers who intend who intend to apply and monitor the strata management plan and those who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
This unit is delivered over 12 weeks supported by tutorials and online material.
Students will undertake theory and practical assessments and will require third-party verification for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Apply legislative requirements surrounding strata management
- Implement procedures and techniques for the safe application and monitoring of the strata management plan
- Plan, communicate and co-ordinate work tasks with team
- Identify, obtain and allocate resources for the strata management plan
- Manage risks and hazards
- Identify the factors that affect stability of mining structures
- Apply primary, secondary and other support systems for strata
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Identify training needs and implement training plans
- Co-ordinate and apply controls for strata management
- Apply strata monitoring devices
- Communicate incident information
- Inspect equipment protection requirements and measures
- Conduct investigations and prepare audit reports
- Record, report and review maintenance activities
- Course materials