RIIMCU406D - Apply and monitor the inrush management plan
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor the inrush management plan in an underground coal mine.
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations qualification.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for underground coal workers who intend to apply and monitor the inrush management plan and those who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
This unit is delivered over 12 weeks supported by tutorials and online material.
Students will undertake theory and practical assessments and will require third-party verification from their supervisor for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Locate and apply relevant legislation, company and site policies
- Implement procedures and techniques for the safe application and monitoring of the inrush management plan
- Identify, obtain and allocate resources
- Identify and control inrush risks and hazards
- Identify the impact of differing geological features and conditions for inrush
- Identify factors that affect stability of mine structures for inrush
- Apply post permit-to-mine procedures
- Apply inrush controls at the mine site
- Apply monitoring systems
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Identify, prepare and implement training needs
- Co-ordinate and apply inrush controls
- Plan, communicate and co-ordinate work tasks with team
- Communicate incident information
- Conduct investigations and prepare audit reports
- Record, report and review maintenance activities
- Course materials