RIIERR402D - Apply and monitor coal mine emergency preparedness and response systems
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor the emergency response systems at a mine site.
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This unit is suitable for underground coal workers who intend to apply and monitor underground coal emergency preparedness and response systems and those who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
This unit is delivered over 12 weeks supported by tutorials and online material.
Students will undertake theory and practical assessments and will require third-party verification for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Locate and apply relevant legislation and company policies
- Implement procedures and techniques for the safe application and monitoring of emergency systems
- Develop and apply emergency response, evacuation and action plans
- Manage risks and hazards
- Identify mine environment risks and controls
- Access, interpret and apply technical and safety information
- Collect, interpret and report on incident/emergency data
- Operate emergency communication systems
- Identify training needs and prepare training plans
- Coordinate and control responses to incidents
- Plan, communicate and co-ordinate work tasks with a team
- Communicate incident information
- Locate and apply the use of emergency equipment
- Participate in audits, debriefs and review incidents and procedures
- Record and report on corrective actions
- Course materials