RIIUND401D - Apply and monitor the ventilation management plan
This unit provides the skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor the ventilation management plan at a mine site.
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This unit is suitable for underground coal workers who intend to apply and monitor the ventilation management plan at a mine site and those who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller or Ventilation Officer.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
This unit is delivered over 12 weeks supported by tutorials and online material.
Students will undertake theory and practical assessments and will require third-party verification for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Understand and apply legislation and company policies relating to ventilation management
- Implement the requirements for applying and monitoring the ventilation management plan
- Plan, communicate and coordinate work tasks with a team
- Identify and interpret the impact of changes
- Monitor and maintain ventilation control devices
- Adjust mine control devices
- Collect and analyse ventilation data
- Initiate ventilation training
- Record and report monitoring system data
- Apply water management procedures
- Respond to alarms raised
- Apply ventilation emergency and evacuation procedures
- Participate and contribute to audits
- Inspect, record and report on the mine site’s ventilation management plan
- Schedule and carry out inspections
- Recommend and record improvements
- Course materials