RIIRAI401D - Apply and monitor mine services and infrastructure systems
This unit provides training in the skills and knowledge required to apply and monitor mine services and infrastructure in coal and metalliferous mining.
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This unit is suitable for underground coal workers who intend to monitor underground mining operations and who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
The unit of competency is delivered over a 12-week period, in a blended/online mode with tutor support, or in a face-to-face delivery mode. Assessments include theory and practical activities with third-party verification for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Understand and apply legislation and company policies
- Identify the functions and infrastructure of a range of systemsUnderstand and apply legislation and company policies
- Implement the requirements for applying and monitoring mine site services and infrastructure systems
- Plan, communicate and co-ordinate work tasks with a team
- Conduct toolbox and site meetings
- Monitor and maintain maintenance requirements for site service systems
- Prepare an implementation plan
- Assess the risks and consequences in the operation and maintenance of services and systems
- Monitor, review and modify site procedures
- Participate and contribute to audits and review processes
- Inspect, record and report on the mine site’s services and infrastructure systems
- Schedule and carry out inspections
- Recommend improvements
- Course materials