RIIMEX406D - Apply and monitor mine transport system and production equipment
This unit provides the skills required to apply and monitor the transport systems and production equipment at underground coal mine sites.
It is one of the core units required to gain the RII40415 Certificate IV in Underground Coal Operations qualification.
Duration: 12 weeks
Who should attend?
This unit is suitable for underground coal workers who intend to monitor underground mining operations and who wish to become a Deputy/ERZ Controller.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
You can apply for recognition of prior learning for this unit of competency. You will need to supply information on your work history and samples of work, and may need to undertake assessments and/or an interview to determine whether you have met the competency standards. RPL is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Contact us to discuss your RPL options.
Course delivery and assessment
This unit is delivered over 12 weeks supported by tutorials and online material.
Students will undertake theory and practical assessments and will require third-party verification for the workplace projects and practical tasks.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for this unit of competency.
- Understand and apply legislation and company policies
- Implement the requirements for managing mine transport systems and production equipment
- Plan, communicate and coordinate work tasks with team
- Commission and maintain transport systems
- Assess the risks and consequences in managing systems
- Monitor, review and modify work transport procedures
- Participate in audits
- Inspect, record and report on plant and equipment
- Course materials