Our occupational hygiene and air quality sample testing services provide accurate analysis and sampling advice to help keep your people safe and meet your compliance requirements.
At Simtars, we provide more than just a testing service; we also work with our clients, providing helpful advice on sampling and monitoring techniques.
Our analytical capability
Simtars’ analytical laboratory has an extensive scope of test methods available to our clients.
- Dusts: respirable, inhalable, high and low volume/partisol TSP, PM10/2.5
- Silica/quartz: quartz content in respirable dust and bulk samples
- Air toxics: aldehydes, poly aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), isocyanates, acid gases, cyanide, sulphur dioxide, metal working fluid
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs): solvents and vapors
- Metals: selected elements, metalloids, metal vapor, welding fume
- Water and soil: inorganic and physical parameters
- Diesel particulate matter (DPM): organic and elemental carbon content
- Dust deposition: total, insoluble, combustible content
- Roadway dust: incombustible content of underground roadway dust, stone dust analysis
- Hexavalent chromium
Why choose Simtars analytical services?
Highly trained laboratory staff
Our highly trained and professional laboratory staff deliver quality services to clients across a broad range of industries including:
- coal mines, metal mines and quarries
- coal ports and coal processing
- refineries, metal processing and smelting
- power stations
- state and local government
Quality-driven analytical services
Our laboratory uses a variety of NATA accredited techniques to provide quality-driven results through expert analysis. Our validated laboratory procedures are based on Australian and international methods (NIOSH, OSHA, HSE*) and we hold NATA technical accreditation to AS/ISO 17025.
*NIOSH - National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health; OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration; HSE - Health and Safety Executive
Our state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation includes:
- electronic microbalances and analytical balances
- infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- gas chromatography (GC)
- inductively coupled plasma spectrometry (ICP)
- mass spectrometry (MS)
- automatic thermal desorption (ATD)
- thermal optical carbon analyser (TOC)
- flow injection mercury system (FIMS).