Petroleum and gas reporting guideline (2018)
On 31 October 2018, we released a new petroleum and gas reporting guideline for well and bore, survey, petroleum and hydraulic fracturing activities reports. The new guideline is available for industry to use ahead of regulatory changes.
We encourage industry to begin using the new guideline and submission templates. Please email the Geological Survey of Queensland if you need help on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Petroleum and gas reporting guideline (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Petroleum and gas reporting guideline - submission templates (XLSX, 18.0MB)
The new guideline has been developed in consultation with industry and peak bodies. It has been designed to improve the collection and management of geoscience information across Queensland.
The new guideline introduces improved reporting requirements that provide the foundation for enhancing systems to gather, validate and deliver industry data.
Some of the key changes include:
- submission of key data and metadata in standardised templates
- introduction of well-level production reporting by month
- information defined as ‘mandatory’ (minimum) or ‘best practice’
- reduced reporting duplication and low-value interpretive requirements
- clear specifications for submitting raw or native data
- expanded reporting of petroleum reserves and resources.
Transition period for implementation
There will be a transition period for implementation with full adoption of the new guideline expected by 2020.
During the transition period, specifications in the new guideline will not be mandatory.
Between November 2018 and January 2020, we will be working closely with industry to seek feedback on the guidelines and submission templates, and make adjustments as required.
Mandatory implementation of the guidelines will also be aligned to the delivery of our new geoscience information system by 2021.
We are interested in hearing your feedback on the new guidelines and templates.
Find out more
- Read about your reporting obligations and how to lodge statutory reports and notices.
Last updated 28 November 2018