Geoscience Data Modernisation Project
The Geoscience Data Modernisation Project (GDMP) aims to enable resource industry success by providing high-quality, accessible and complete geoscience data.
GDMP will unlock the full value of the Geological Survey of Queensland’s (GSQ) data and enable exploration and resource development opportunities previously unavailable.
Benefits for industry include:
- improved access to new geoscience data not previously published
- the ability to search and download all data from the one system
- streamlined compliance reporting
- standardisation of data to improve quality over time
- less time spent finding data and more time analysing it.
GDMP is incorporating linked data principles to allow users to cross-reference multiple data sets simultaneously to inform decision making, improve business processes and build efficiencies.
Features of GDMP include:
- data itemised and validated at point of capture
- single search across all data types – spatial, text and faceted search, linked data across all data types
- download selected data packages – download package manager
- direct connect to user systems – access through APIs, web feature services and web map services.
The GSQ Open Data Portal is a key feature of GDMP. The portal and other new solutions will progressively replace the array of legacy systems, platforms and databases used to make data available to industry.
To express your interest in joining the GDMP forum and to stay up to date with the latest developments, please subscribe.
Last updated 19 February 2020