Water Regulation - metering and other amendments
Metering and meter validation
Changes to the Regulation enhance requirements for water metering and metering validation.
The key changes:
- require water entitlement holders to report faulty meters
- allow the department to suspend or cancel the appointment of an authorised meter validator
- prevent an authorised meter validator from validating their own meter
- require a new validation certificate where false or misleading information has been provided or the certificate has been issued by an unauthorised person
- reduce the minimum timeframe from when a meter cessation notice is issued to when a meter stops being approved to 20 business days.
Other changes to the regulation:
- clarify unallocated water release processes
- streamline Minister’s water plan reporting
- clarify when a copy of a water licence must be given to joint landholders
- clarify provisions relating to seasonal water assignment where multi-year accounting applies
- fix minor errors and update references.
Last updated 1 February 2019