Review of stock route management regulation and strategy
The Stock Route Management Regulation 2003 expires in August 2019.
The Queensland stock route management strategy 2014-2019 (PDF, 865.4KB) also expires in 2019.
About the review
We are reviewing the regulation provisions to ensure that they are still required, efficient and effective.
The review focuses on 3 key management issues dealt with in the regulation:
- declaring stock routes
- stock route network management plans
The effectiveness of the stock route strategy must be reviewed 6 months prior to its expiry.
Key elements of the strategy included in the review are:
- managing multiple uses that may have competing or conflicting interests
- managing natural resources
- improving travelling stock facilities.
We have released a consultation paper (PDF, 6.1MB) on the stock route regulation and strategy.
Have your say
Stakeholders and the public are invited to have their say.
You can provide feedback on the consultation by:
- completing the online survey
- completing the questions in the consultation paper:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: Chief Executive
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
PO Box 15216
BRISBANE QLD 4001
Submissions close at 5pm, Friday 3 May 2019.
- Feedback from the consultation paper will inform the preparation of a draft regulation and draft strategy.
- The draft regulation and draft strategy will also be released for further public consultation.
For further information on lodging a submission please email: email@example.com.
Find out more
- Read more about Queensland stock routes.
Last updated 5 April 2019