Review of stock route management regulation and strategy
The Stock Route Management Regulation 2003 expires in August 2021.
The Queensland stock route management strategy 2014-2019 (PDF, 865.4KB) has expired and a new strategy is being finalised.
About the review
We are reviewing the regulation provisions to ensure that they are still required, efficient and effective.
The review focuses on 3 key management issues dealt with in the regulation:
- declaring stock routes
- stock route network management plans
A new strategy is being drafted to efficiently direct and coordinate the management of the stock route network.
Key elements of the strategy included in the review are:
- managing multiple uses that may have competing or conflicting interests
- managing natural resources
- improving travelling stock facilities.
- We are continuing to review the stock route draft regulation in light of the feedback received on the consultation paper.
- The new strategy will be released later this year.
- A discussion paper on the draft regulation will be released for further public consultation.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more
- Read more about Queensland stock routes.
Last updated 14 October 2020