Review of stock route management regulation and strategy
The Stock Route Management Regulation 2003 expires in August 2019.
The Queensland stock route management strategy 2014-2019 (PDF, 865.4KB) also expires in 2019.
About the review
We are reviewing the regulation provisions to ensure that they are still required, efficient and effective.
The review focuses on 3 key management issues dealt with in the regulation:
- declaring stock routes
- stock route network management plans
The effectiveness of the stock route strategy must be reviewed 6 months prior to its expiry.
Key elements of the strategy included in the review are:
- managing multiple uses that may have competing or conflicting interests
- managing natural resources
- improving travelling stock facilities.
We have released a consultation paper (PDF, 6.1MB) on the stock route regulation and strategy.
- The consultation period is now closed. We are analysing the feedback received on the consultation paper.
- Feedback will inform the preparation of a draft regulation and the strategy development process.
- The draft regulation will also be released for further public consultation.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more
- Read more about Queensland stock routes.
Last updated 13 May 2019