Queensland Murray-Darling Basin: limitations for groundwater take during 2020-21
Consultation on limitations for groundwater take from alluvial and basalt groundwater aquifers across the Darling Downs and Southern Downs has now closed.
We appreciate all the feedback received on ways to sustainably manage our groundwater resources while supporting the important activities of water users.
We have incorporated this feedback into the new limitations which came into effect on 1 July 2020.
Notice of limitations
Please view the following presentations, which explain the groundwater status in each of the different aquifers.
- Toowoomba South Basalts (Zone 1 and 2) (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Toowoomba North Basalts (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Kings Creek Basalts (including the Nobby Basalts) (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Warwick Basalts (PDF, 1022.7KB)
- Kings Creek Alluvium (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Glengallan/Millarvale/Gap Creek Alluviums (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Freestone/Campbells Creek Alluviums (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Rosenthal/Rogers/Greymare/Thanes/Canal Creek Alluviums (PDF, 896.6KB)
- Swan, Emu, Farm Creek Alluviums (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Condamine River Alluvium (Killarney to Warwick) (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Myall, Cains, Middle, Spring, Cattle Creek Alluviums (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Moola and North Myall Creek Alluviums (PDF, 1.5MB)
If you’d like to discuss the groundwater limitations with us or want a printed copy of the material, please call (07) 4529 1394 or email WaterServices.Toowoomba@dnrme.qld.gov.au or WaterServices.Warwick@dnrme.qld.gov.au.
- Find out more about water management in the Condamine and Balonne water plan area.
Last updated 1 July 2020