Moreton: Targeted amendment of the water plan
We have released a new draft water plan amendment (Water Plan (Moreton) Amendment 2019) that addresses the issues raised in the submissions we received about the former draft water plan amendment.
Please read the statement of intent (PDF, 1.3MB) for a detailed explanation of the proposed changes and see the supporting documents below.
- Public notice of the availability of the Water Plan (Moreton) 2019 Amendment (PDF, 74.7KB)
- Draft Water Plan (Moreton) 2019 Amendment Plan (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Draft water management protocol (PDF, 1021.9KB)l
- Draft water entitlement notice (PDF, 753.9KB)
- Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme resource operations licence (draft) (PDF, 356.4KB)
- Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme operations manual (draft)
- Lockyer IQQM scenario (PDF, 1.8MB)
Several mapping layers for the draft plan amendment are available on the Queensland Globe. You can use this to view the proposed groundwater and surface water zones for the Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme. An irrigable area layer is also available which can be used to check the irrigable area considered as part of the proposed groundwater allocation process. See the quick guide (PDF, 2.3MB) for help using Queensland Globe.
We have engaged, with the support of the Lockyer Water Users Forum, an expert independent facilitator to help with the consultation process. Separate workshops will be held for each groundwater management zone (see below).
The workshops will explain the elements of the plan with a view to developing specific water sharing rules for each zone based on the general principles outlined in the statement of intent (PDF, 1.3MB). Please attend the time stated for your zone.
Gatton Research Station
|Zone 2||Monday 2 September 2019||9am to 12pm|
|Zone 3A||Monday 2 September 2019||2pm to 5pm|
|Zone 5||Tuesday 3 September 2019||9am to 12pm|
|Zone 6||Tuesday 3 September 2019||2pm to 5pm|
|Zone 8||Wednesday 4 September 2019||9am to 12pm|
|Zone 9||Wednesday 4 September 2019||2pm to 5pm|
Our staff will also be available to meet with you one-on-one at the Gatton Research Station from 9am on Monday 2 September to 5pm Wednesday 4 September 2019. No need to book.
If you can’t attend any of these times and wish to meet with us, please get in touch and we’ll arrange an appointment. Contact details are below.
How to make a submission
You can provide your feedback by making a written submission by 5pm on 1 October 2019. You can either:
- Complete the online survey at getinvolved.com.au
- Complete the submission form (PDF, 323.4KB) and return it by email or by post using the information shown on the form.
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Locked Mail Bag 1009, MS 437
Gatton QLD 4343
Phone: 3330 4361
- Find out more about water management in Moreton.
Last reviewed 30 January 2019