Moreton: Targeted amendment of the water plan
A new draft water plan amendment – Water Plan (Moreton) Amendment 2019 – that addresses the issues raised in the submissions we received about the former draft water plan amendment was released in August 2019. Please read the statement of intent (PDF, 1.3MB) for a detailed explanation of the proposed changes and see the supporting documents below.
Submissions on the draft water plan amendment package have now closed.
- Public notice of the availability of the Water Plan (Moreton) 2019 Amendment (PDF, 74.7KB)
- Draft Water Plan (Moreton) 2019 Amendment Plan (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Draft water management protocol (PDF, 1021.9KB)l
- Draft water entitlement notice (PDF, 753.9KB)
- Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme resource operations licence (draft) (PDF, 356.4KB)
- Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme operations manual (draft)
- Lockyer IQQM scenario (PDF, 1.8MB)
Several mapping layers for the draft plan amendment are available on the Queensland Globe. You can use this to view the proposed groundwater and surface water zones for the Central Lockyer Valley Water Supply Scheme. An irrigable area layer is also available which can be used to check the irrigable area considered as part of the proposed groundwater allocation process. See the quick guide (PDF, 2.7MB) for help using Queensland Globe.
If you have trouble accessing the Queensland Globe, you can view satellite images of groundwater zones below:
- Groundwater zone 2 satellite image (PDF, 7.9MB)
- Groundwater zone 3 satellite image (PDF, 7.5MB)
- Groundwater zone 5 satellite image (PDF, 7.0MB)
- Groundwater zone 6 satellite image (PDF, 6.3MB)
- Groundwater zone 8 satellite image (PDF, 6.1MB)
- Groundwater zone 9 satellite image (PDF, 6.1MB)
You may still contact us at any time to discuss the draft water plan amendment.
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
Locked Mail Bag 1009, MS 437
Gatton QLD 4343
Phone: 3330 4361
- Find out more about water management in Moreton.
Last reviewed 30 January 2019