Great Artesian Basin: Consultation on the draft Strategic Management Plan 2018
The draft Great Artesian Basin Strategic Management Plan 2018 is now open for consultation. The new plan includes 7 guiding principles for managing the Basin to achieve economic, environmental, cultural and social outcomes.
These principles cover:
- coordinated governance
- maintaining the health of the Basin
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander values, cultural heritage and other community values
- judicious use of water
- secure and managed access
- information and knowledge management
- educating water users on the Basin.
You are invited to attend one of the public meetings being held in regional centres.
These meetings will involve workshops covering:
- the strategic management plan
- bore census results
- ongoing implementation of the water plan
- new funding for capping and piping programs.
To register for a session please email WRPGreatArtesianBasin@dnrme.qld.gov.au. You can also register directly with Desert Channels Queensland for the Stamford meeting (see link below).
|Location||Address||Date and time|
|Roma||Maranoa Regional Council Chambers, 57 Bungil Road||Friday 12 Oct 2018, 12.30-2:30pm|
|Cunnamulla||Paroo Shire Hall – Supper Room - 3 Jane Street|
Wednesday 17 Oct 2018, 10:30am - 12:30pm
|Stamford||‘Shed the Shackles at Stamford’ field day, Old Stamford School House (register online)||Wednesday 31 Oct 2018, 9.30am - 3pm|
- Find out more about the draft strategic management plan by visiting the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and the Great Artesian Basin Coordinating Committee.
- View the Great Artesian Basin and other regional aquifers water plan.
Last updated 26 September 2018