Fitzroy Basin draft water amendment plan consultation
The consultation on the Fitzroy Basin draft water amendment plan and associated documents has now closed.
We are currently assessing the feedback we received and will consider this carefully before making a final decision regarding the plan.
You can access the consultation documents below.
We want to maximise the benefits of the Rookwood Weir project by bringing this new infrastructure into the region’s water planning framework.
Aim of the draft amendment plan
The key aim of the draft amendment plan is to include new provisions that:
- allow for the construction of Rookwood Weir
- ensure at least 50% of water sold to the market from Rookwood Weir is allocated for agricultural purposes
- support rules and requirements regarding water trading, water sharing, environmental management and monitoring
- promote economic development, employment opportunities and water security in the region
- aid the economic recovery of regional Queensland in the wake of COVID-19.
Draft water management protocol
The draft water management protocol:
- includes changes to the process for releasing water from the strategic water infrastructure reserve
- amends operational rules for water management areas in the Fitzroy Basin.
These changes are in response to ongoing feedback received from local irrigators on proposed management arrangements.
- Statement of intent (PDF, 4.2MB)
- Public notice (PDF, 416.8KB)
- Draft water amendment plan (PDF, 701.9KB)
- Draft water management protocol amendment (PDF, 1.2MB)
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact us.
- Phone: 1800 822 100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about water management in the Fitzroy Basin.
Last updated 18 February 2021