Condamine and Balonne: Draft water plan and supporting documents
The Condamine and Balonne water plan is scheduled to expire in 2019 and will be revised to be consistent with the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012.
We have prepared drafts of the water plan and its supporting documents and this page provides further information on the proposed changes.
- Notice of the availability of the draft Condamine and Balonne water plan for public review (PDF, 354.2KB)
The submission period closed on 1 June 2018 and responses are now being considered in finalising these documents.
Read the statement of intent (PDF, 768.9KB) for an overview of the draft water plan and how we've addressed issues raised during consultation in developing these documents.
- Draft Water Plan (Condamine and Balonne) 2019 (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 5.2MB)
- Water entitlement notice (PDF, 2.3MB)
To support the development of the plans the following technical assessments were undertaken:
- Aboriginal people’s water needs in the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin (PDF, 7.8MB)
- Socio-economic report (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Environmental assessment report (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Summary of monitoring report (PDF, 3.5MB)
- Draft long-term watering plan for the Condamine and Balonne water plan area (PDF, 1.2MB)
Water planning in the catchment
You can find about more about water planning in the catchment by following these links:
- Queensland's water planning framework
- Meeting the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan in Queensland (PDF, 139.8KB)
- Implementing the new water plan for the Condamine and Balonne area (PDF, 149.6KB)
- Environmental assessments (PDF, 177.9KB)
- Risk assessments (PDF, 176.6KB)
- Environmental flow objectives (PDF, 358.4KB)
- Water allocation security objectives (PDF, 144.5KB)
- Draft healthy waters management plan for water quality
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
203 Tor St
PO Box 318
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Phone: (07) 4529 1412
- Find out more about water management in the Condamine and Balonne and access current water planning documents.
- Read about the water planning framework.
- Find out about the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012.
- Read about the consultation on a new water plan in the Border Rivers and Moonie area.
Last updated 28 November 2018