Cape York: Consultation on draft water plan and supporting documents
A draft water plan, draft water entitlement notice and draft water management protocol have been prepared for Cape York and released for public comment. This page provides further information on the proposal. Submissions are now closed.
Draft documents for consultation
Read the statement of intent (PDF, 732.9KB) for an overview of the draft water plan and how we've addressed issues raised during consultation.
- Draft Water Plan (Cape York) 2018 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Draft water management protocol (PDF, 712.4KB)
- Draft water entitlement notice (PDF, 485.3KB)
Technical assessments and maps
A range of technical assessments were conducted to support the development of the plan.
You can also access an atlas and maps of catchments in the plan area.
Water planning in Cape York
You can find about more about water planning by following these links:
- Water planning in Cape York (PDF, 218.5KB)
- Environmental assessment (PDF, 170.5KB)
- Protecting environmental flows (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Water allocation security objectives (PDF, 636.2KB)
- Dictionary of water planning terms (PDF, 564.8KB)
- Queensland's water planning framework
- Draft healthy waters management plan for water quality
Public information sessions
There are no upcoming public information sessions scheduled in the plan area. Please contact the department if you would like any further information about the draft water plan and supporting documents.
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
28 Peters Street
PO Box 156
Mareeba QLD 4880
Phone: 1800 697 805
- Find out more about water management in Cape York.
Last reviewed 28 November 2018