Border Rivers and Moonie: Draft water plan and supporting documents
The Border Rivers and Moonie River water plans are scheduled to expire in 2019 and will be revised to be consistent with the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012. There is also a proposal to amalgamate the Border Rivers and Moonie water plans.
- See a map of the proposed Border Rivers and Moonie water plan area (PDF, 360.1KB).
We have prepared drafts of the water plan and its supporting documents and this page provides further information on the proposed changes.
- Notice of the availability of the draft Border Rivers and Moonie water plan for public review (PDF, 354.4KB)
The submission period closed on 1 June 2018 and responses are now being considered in finalising these documents.
Read the statement of intent (PDF, 717.1KB) for an overview of the draft water plan and how we've addressed issues raised during consultation in developing these documents.
- Draft Water Plan (Border Rivers and Moonie) 2019 (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Water management protocol (PDF, 3.2MB)
- Water entitlement notice (PDF, 1.9MB)
To support the development of the plans the following technical assessments were undertaken:
- Aboriginal people’s water needs in the Queensland Murray-Darling Basin (PDF, 7.8MB)
- Border Rivers - Socio-economic report (PDF, 4.6MB)
- Border Rivers - Environmental assessment report (PDF, 898.2KB)
- Border Rivers - Summary of monitoring report (PDF, 4.9MB)
- Moonie - Socio-economic report (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Moonie - Environmental assessment report (PDF, 766.8KB)
- Moonie - Summary of monitoring report (PDF, 3.3MB)
- Draft long-term watering plan for the Border Rivers and Moonie water plan area (PDF, 1.2MB)
Water planning in the catchment
You can find about more about water planning in the catchment by following these links:
- Queensland's water planning framework
- Meeting the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan in Queensland (PDF, 139.8KB)
- Implementing the new water plan for the Border Rivers and Moonie area (PDF, 138.7KB)
- Environmental assessments (PDF, 177.9KB)
- Risk assessments (PDF, 176.6KB)
- Environmental flow objectives (PDF, 358.4KB)
- Water allocation security objectives (PDF, 144.5KB)
- Draft healthy waters management plan for water quality
If you have problems downloading any of these documents, or would like a copy sent by mail, please contact:
203 Tor St
PO Box 318
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Phone: (07) 4529 1412
- Find out more about water management in the Border Rivers and Moonie River water plan areas and access current water planning documents.
- Read about the water planning framework.
- Find out about the requirements of the Murray-Darling Basin Plan 2012.
- Read about the consultation on a new water plan in the Condamine and Balonne water plan area.
Last updated 28 November 2018