Disaster management response
We are the functional lead agency in the Queensland Government State Disaster Management Plan for electricity, fuel, gas, reticulated water supply and water dam safety.
Our first response is a direct response by our state disaster liaison team and includes:
- rapid mobilisation of relevant functions
- early contact with energy and water entities
- timely and accurate reporting to the State Disaster Coordination Group and where necessary the Minister
- effective implementation of regulatory and non-regulatory responses
- efficient deployment of personnel and resources.
Last reviewed 02 January 2020