Our department administers a range of laws that govern how our state's natural resources are accessed and used.
One of our most important functions is to ensure everyone complies with these laws. This work gives all Queenslanders confidence that our land, water, minerals and energy resources are being managed fairly and responsibly.
The approach we take to compliance includes a range of measures:
- educational activities - to promote awareness and understanding of requirements
- compliance monitoring measure - to make sure the law is being followed
- enforcement activities - when the law is not being followed.
Follow the links below to access our compliance information.
Compliance plans and frameworks
Georesources and Energy
- Minerals and energy resources compliance policy (PDF, 525KB)
- Georesources regulatory compliance plan (PDF, 187.1KB)
Resources Safety and Health
- Performance accountability framework and annual self-assessment reports
- Resources Safety and Health compliance policy (PDF, 612KB)
Information, resources and tools
We have developed a range of information, resources and tools to help industry and the community understand their obligations under the law. Follow the links below to find out more.
Last reviewed 17 April 2019