Queensland's natural resources inventory
Gathering together 10 years of extensive public data, the Natural Resources Inventory provides a comprehensive stocktake of Queensland’s natural resources.
This interactive tool captures the extent of the state’s land, water and vegetation, key mineral and energy resources in charts and figures.
Use the tool to explore topical themes in resource management, filter facts and figures by region or resource, and customise graphs or tables.
What the inventory includes
Data are available at the state level or broken down by local government area. They include:
- Water resources: Total identified water resources, unallocated reserves, bulk water supply schemes, water trading and water use
- Energy resources: Total identified resources and reserves, prospective resources, production volumes, exploration, exports, royalties and electricity generation for renewables, petroleum and gas and thermal coal
- Geological resources: Total identified resources, production volumes, operating mines, exploration, exports and royalties for major minerals such as bauxite, cobalt, copper, gold, ilmenite, rutile, lead, metallurgical coal, nickel, quarries and extractives, silver, zinc and zircon
- Land resources: Arable land, state land, Indigenous land and native title, protected areas, land use and agricultural production
- Vegetation resources: Total vegetation resoures, native forestry resources, remnant vegetation, clearing and vegetation management
Last reviewed 19 July 2019