Open data - natural resources, mines and energy
We support the Queensland Government's open data initiative by making our raw data as freely accessible as possible on the open data portal.
Our open data strategy lists our datasets and explains our data assessment process.
There are more than 500 data resources on the open data portal, covering the range of our activities and responsibilities. Data are updated at varying frequencies, including fortnightly (e.g. titles activity), monthly (e.g. coal statistics) and annually (e.g. corporate reporting).
Other data sources
In addition to the raw data available on the open data portal, we also provide data through a range of publications, maps and online services.
- Natural Resources Inventory
- GeoResGlobe - view and interact with mining and exploration data
- Queensland Globe - view and interact with maps, imagery and other specialist data
- QImagery - view and access imagery
- Queensland Spatial Catalogue - geographic datasets, databases, models, map images and map services
- GSQ Open Data Portal - geoscience data, statutory reports and publications
- Spatial Portal - access spatial app services and spatial web services
- ELVIS - national elevation and depth data portal
- Water monitoring information portal - hydrographic data including the latest stream height and stream flow values, groundwater levels, historic stream flow data and water monitoring network sites
For enquiries and feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise indicated, the data is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Australia Licence.
Last reviewed 27 November 2020