Visit the initiatives page for more information about energy initiatives and programs.
For energy and biofuels enquiries, contact 13 43 87 during business hours.
- For life-threatening emergencies or critical situations phone 000.
- For help with storm damage or floods, contact State Emergency Services (SES) or phone 13 25 00.
For emergencies or loss of electricity supply contact your energy distributor:
In case of a suspected gas leak (i.e. reticulated or piped gas, not gas cylinders) contact the gas distribution network for your area:
- Australian Gas Networks phone 1800 427 532 – Brisbane CBD and northern suburbs, Ipswich, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Maryborough and Hervey Bay.
- Allgas Energy phone 1300 763 106 – Southern Brisbane suburbs, Gold Coast, Toowoomba and Oakey.
- Customers in Roma and Dalby contact your local governments:
- Maranoa Regional Council phone 1300 007 662
- Western Downs Regional Council phone 1300 268 624.
Supply and billing
For electricity supply and billing enquiries, contact your energy retailer (find their contact details on your energy bill).
For gas supply and billing enquiries, contact your gas retailer (find their contact details on your gas bill).
Complaints and disputes
For unresolved complaints about your electricity or gas supplier contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman.
Last updated 28 November 2018